I was looking at the news flow stream thing on LinkedIn just now. Don’t ask. But you know, I thought I’d see if anything was worth my time. I found that pretty much every post fell into two categories: “go to my thing” or “read my bland and boring article.” So, a fun idea came to mind.
7 Ways to Bore the Hell Out of People
- Use graphics everyone else would use. Especially people in suits or weird stick men and dollar signs.
- Make sure you use a number in the post title, unless it’s an event. Then just say “new event” or “premier event” or “save your seat.”
- Use bombastic titles and claims like, “The most outrageous ___ you’ll ever see, and that’s not the half of it!”
- Make splelling errors. Ltso of them.
- Write the same post as someone else.
- Report on rumors.
- Forget to finish your post.
Our attention is so precious, so finite. Why waste it?
Heck, this post is a waste. Stop reading it. Do something else. Listen to my podcast instead.