I’m using Google Wave a bit more right now. Julien and I are writing notes for our next book in it. Justin and I are talkinga bout New Marketing Labs in it. I’m using it as a document collaboration tool, or an idea collaboration tool, and so far, that’s working reasonably well. There are many things I wish Wave did/had that would make the experience better. So, on the odd shot this becomes useful to document, here it is:
My Google Wave Wish List
- An Android App that lets me view/edit my waves.
- A Notifier function so that I know when someone works on a wave.
- A “hide these folks” for the people I’m not actively collaborating with, OR some way to keep “most-tapped contacts” up top.
- One button trash. C’mon. Don’t make it a CHORE to remove a wave.
- More ways to edit. I like the “Post-It” style comments in spreadsheets. Can’t do this easily? Seems silly.
- Gears support for Wave. This wasn’t just an obvious out-of-the-gate need?
- Simple export to multiple formats, not just movies. I want a document export. I can’t write a book with this if I have to do swathes of copy/paste.
- A two-wave format. In one usage, I used one part of a wave for the “body” of the work and the second part as the “chat window.” Seems like there’s another/better way to do it.
So, those are my wishes. What do you see/think/know about it?