The distance between idea and execution is vast. From the moment a leader first attempts to convey the vision of what they want their team to accomplish, people start to lose the thread. Leaders speak about objectives. They point to numbers. They talk about a book they read and repeat other people’s words.
I’m Chris Brogan and I work with organizations to tell stories that earn you the right to sell and serve. I’ve helped huge companies like Sony and Disney and Microsoft and so on figure out some aspect of how to navigate this crazy new world and the rapidly shifting culture around it. I’ve given over a thousand speeches, workshops, and closed door briefings to a very wide variety of industries to help advance their goals.
Companies have stories that they hope to convey to everyone who comes in contact with them, but what happens is that some people share the story they way they remember it. Others accidentally add their own mess onto the company story and make it confusion. Still others think they know what you wish they’d say in sales calls or when talking to customers, but they’re causing you more harm than good.
I work on helping the people in your organization tell the story better. The world has changed dramatically. We have to be more inclusive, to make sure the people we most want to serve feel seen and heard, to help people feel connected to what you sell and how you care. This impacts sales, marketing, customer service, and the internals of the business as well.
A Few Ways to Work Together
Companies hire me for a few reasons, near as I can tell:
- I help companies tell their stories with clarity in a personable way that connects with their buyers.
- I do a lot of wide-ranging research and observation of digital culture and how it impacts buyers and companies.
- I’m super human and down to earth and have a knack for explaining things in a way that bosses and employees understand.
- I’m professional enough without ever being a stuffed shirt but I’m also not the untucked swear-word-jar-filling type, either.
- I customize each interaction and presentation for the organization I serve.
- I help companies make decisions and spend less money on the process.
Real Stories Sell
In a world where people can buy from anyone, why buy from you?
That’s a question I’ve worked to answer for several businesses over the years. Further, I look for ways to help companies express themselves, reach the people they most want to sell and serve, and learn how to earn more customers. It’s the crux of my life’s work in business.
Times have changed. People feel a massive amount of stress and pressure. Everyone feels more busy than ever before. And many people feel a bit alienated, like they’re being treated like numbers. It’s harder than ever to reach through the noise and connect with the people you most want to serve. That’s where I come in.
Most companies try to sell with stats and numbers. But that’s like trying to carry water with a pencil. A story is a deep bowl that holds a lot more and quenches a lot of thirst. I teach you how to talk like humans in a world filling up with more and more robots, and how to touch the emotional core of people who need what you sell, whether that’s jet engines or cookies.
Many Ways to Engage
We can work together in a variety of ways:
- Speaking – Either internally or on behalf of your company, I’m a professional speaker. – 1 hour or 1 day. Up to you.
- Build a Human Story – In the age of distraction, robots and automation, let’s rewrite the way you talk about the company and the way people experience it. – 3 day on-site workshop
- From Story to Business Runbook – Once your story is where you want it, let’s build the book that explains how to market, how to sell, and how to communicate with customers and prospects.
- Brand and Story Review – Maybe you’re confident with what you already have in place for corporate story and messaging. Let’s review it. – 1-2 hour online conference call.
We all want people to love what we sell, but it is only when people feel seen and understood that they are ready to buy.
Get in Touch!
If this appeals, I want to hear from you. I want to serve you. I want to be able to provide the tools and resources I can bring to bear on the problems and challenges you’re facing. I’m a very small business but I’ve served some of the biggest companies in the world. There’s no fluff, no overhead, no worries that I’m anything more than a person dedicated to serving your success. Reach out!
Or just email me: [email protected] . I’m easy!