I’m working through the earliest phases of building a new media company dedicated to telling digital stories through podcasting, video podcasting, blogging, and other digital technologies. By building networks of audience around multi-faceted content, we’ll grow conversations with audiences who are just as passionate about the subjects as we are.
At this earliest of stages, this means for me that I’m starting up a few group blogs, podcasts, and video podcasts (or vlogs) around some specific topics, as well as some entertainment themes. And I’m looking for help.
I got some great responses from folks to my original request, but I really want to build this up. I’m getting ready to announce the first few platforms really soon, and I’m going to want you to be in on them. Here are the TYPES of things we’ll need out of the gate. If you don’t see yourself reflected in the list, tell me what YOU can do, and maybe we’ll need that, too.
Early on, I need the new media evangelists and their support staff:
- Bloggers- passionate about one or more of the following: parenting, life hacks, finances, do-it-yourself and how-to, work-life balance, careers, new technology and media.
- Podcasters/Videopodcasters- any topic. We’ll talk later about how it all meshes together. Though, for video work, if you’re doing anything related to travel or scenery or the like, that’s a plus.
- Web designers and graphic artists- we’re launching about five WordPress sites in the next several weeks. For each of these, we’ll have to agree on a theme, layout, user interface, and graphics. I’m working with Sonya on a graphic or two for the main unified theme.
- Editors- I got a few blog editors to step forward. Thank you. By “editor,” I mean someone who’s not just looking for typos, but someone who’s checking the links, and who’s making sure the piece really has good punch.
- Media Editors- It’s easy to press record. It’s really hard to edit audio and video into something concise, fresh, and amateur-pro. Can YOU help?
- Virtual Assistants- It’s in my mind that we need some scheduling and project coordination help to keep this all together. The problem is, this requires some actual project planning work, and I’m not 100% ready to get that out of my head and into a plan just yet. (I’ve started the project, but it’s not easy to hand off YET).
- Programming Developers- seek out podcasts, video podcasts, vlogs, and other new media that matches what we’re looking to accomplish with Grasshopper New Media, and invite them to join.
- TipOff Artists- you read lots of blogs just like we do: share tips and links and good stuff with us: [email protected] .
- Viral Marketers- there will be a million opportunities for us to beg everyone to reach out to their own personal networks of friends and build something together. We’re doing it now. It’s just part of the model: getting lots of people to see and respond to what we’re working on is what will grow this for everyone.
I’m addressing some other things privately ,and don’t want to list them here. Can you tell me if I’ve missed anything? Do you see something there you’d like to jump in and help out with? Please, we need you.
Reminder: There’s no money at this point. We’re looking for passionate people who are doing this any way and looking to get group contributions and efforts to help build out the model. Believe me: the more we put into this up front, the more we’ll get out of it on the back end. I will always be straightforward with you on all matters that I can answer publically. Right now, we’re all doing this for passion.
And you? What are you passionate about?