I wouldn’t ever write a post like this if I were asked. I hate when people ask me outright to say nice things about them or their company or their event. No one asked me to write any of this. I need to tell you that so I can say what I want to say next.
I really REALLY loved Brand Manage Camp in Las Vegas. Run by Len Herstein, I have to tell you that I loved this event. This is SO WEIRD for me to say. I don’t like talking about branding. I don’t really like branding. But I loved every minute of this. I’ll tell you why, really quickly.
- Len really pays attention to the details. At 14 years, this event has really earned its space.
- The attendees are every bit as great as the speakers. Probably better.
- The speakers are friends. I saw and hung out with Andrew Davis, Scott Monty, Brian Solis, Ann Handley, and I got to meet Catharine Hays.
- The sponsors are actually well integrated and worth it. Len also does a great job of finding the right sponsors.
- The food. Okay, this is weird to talk about. Most events can’t really help themselves because you have to use the built in food company that goes with the venue. But somehow, definitely on purpose, Len and team make the food experience luxurious. Out of the nearly one thousand events I’ve ever attended or spoken at, this food was in the top five.
To be honest, I wrote this post for my speaker friends, for my branding/marketing friends, and for people looking where they should spend their money. I’m asked all the time where people should spend their time and money when it comes to events. I usually just say to go to my friends’ events.
Now, I’ll also tell them to see Len and team at Brand Manage Camp. It’s worth it!