Should you be at Blog World Expo and want to meet me, I look like the guy in this picture. Just like it today. Tomorrow, I’ll have a different shirt, and I might look more tired (big party tonight). But otherwise, I’ll look like this. The purpose of putting up a picture like this is that if you know me from Twitter, and/or don’t know that you can click my little icon there and see a big me, well, there’s the almost-big me. (I’m much bigger in person).
Why Should You Meet Me?
Technically, I’m meeting you, because it’d be fun to hear what you’re up to. Me? If you read this and follow Twitter, you know what I’m up to, but I might not yet be subscribed to your blog/podcast/or whatnot. But maybe you’re doing something amazing. Tell me about that. (Briefly please, because there’s lots to do here, right?)
If you really don’t know what I’m doing, briefly, I’m doing lots of things to evangelize social media and how it improves businesses, organizations, and personal relationships. There you go.
Who ELSE Should You Meet?
This will be fun. There are TONS of good people here, so I’ll miss some, but here are a few:
- The guys from GIMP.TV, Justin, Eric, Michael, and whoever else is there. They make great video, a great content system, and more.
- Sim from Utterz. Want to get audioblogging in like…6 seconds? Visit Sim.
- Aaron Brazell from Technosailor and b5 Media. Super friendly guy.
- Liz Strauss from Successful Blog and the SOBCon Event. Liz is.. I’d need a new blog post.
- Craig Syverson from GruntMedia.
- Marshall Kirkpatrick from ReadWriteWeb (but I just think of him as from MarshallKirkpatrick.com). GROUNDED man. Nice guy. Super funny.
- Chris Heuer from Social Media Club and The Conversation Group and whatever else he wants to be from.
- Stephanie Agresta from Internet Geek Girl and of The Conversation Group.
And lastly, because of her place of honor in my heart,
Glenda Watson Hyatt, blogger, twitterer, and author of I’ll Do It Myself. I saw Glenda earlier today, but was on the phone and couldn’t say hi. Now, I’m going to track her down and get a hug from her before she gets too famous. Any day you want to bitch and moan about something, imagine rejoining the conversation by blogging with your thumb. Just one thumb.
If you are here at BlogWorld Expo and you leave without meeting Glenda (she’s zipping around in a powered vehicle), you’ve kind of blown your trip. Sorry, but you have.
So, are YOU here? Then talk to me about that. Share links, ways to meet you, etc. : )