No, you’re not reading it wrong. A little while back, I welcomed Justin Levy to New Marketing Labs. I’m pleased to announce that Colin Browning is joining us as my VP of Business Development and Marketing.
Colin is recently of Prospero and then Mzinga, and so some of you already know him from the social media space. He and I have shared barbecue over at Mzinga’s Massachusetts with Jim Storer, Aaron Strout, Rachel Happe, Alexa Scordato, and others, and it’s been through many contacts with Colin, not to mention his work on Construcing Social that I’ve come to appreciate his work style.
Our core team is now assembled. We’re a startup, so that means we all do all the jobs, but here’s the rough breakdown of what we’re doing as a team:
- Me- President, business development, social media strategy and execution planning, event content.
- Justin Levy – General Manager, talent development, social media execution, event operations, marketing.
- Colin Browning – VP Business Development and Marketing – business partnerships, sales, relationship strategies, marketing.
What’s cool about Colin is that he’s every bit as passionate about social media and the space as he is capable of helping me build business relationships. I’m thrilled to have him on the team, completing the core 3 who will execute New Marketing Labs.
What Comes Next
Colin, Justin, and I will be in Las Vegas to attend CES (Jan 7th – 11th) and several events around it. We’re looking to talk with people about business opportunities. If you want to connect with us, here’s what we’d love to talk about:
- Social media strategy – see any of the three of us.
- Event partnerships, exhibitor opportunities – see Colin. (email: colin at constructingsocial dot com)
- Social media practitioners (people who want to help us execute) – see Justin. (@justinlevy – because if you’re looking to work with us on projects and aren’t on Twitter, ummm…).
Beyond that, all three of us love meeting people and hearing about what you’re working on. Hit us up.
Thanks and welcome, Colin, to New Marketing Labs. I’m looking forward to 2009!