I had the extreme fortune of hanging out with the most amazing people over the last several days. Some of them ran off to their homes after PodCamp, but that didn’t matter: I hung on to them via IM and email. Others stuck around town for this little popcorn ditty called VON (Video On the Net for our purposes). But wow… I feel so blessed to know all these people.
Wandering around VON, feeling like Spies From the House of PodCamp (a secret project that only one person will ever hear the playback from), I got a chance to appreciate some of the folks who were directly or indirectly involved with me right after PodCamp and into VON. (My list of PodCamp friends could just as easily just be the Registrants list.) Here’s a quick snapshot of the friends reel inside my head during VON.
- Remote support- Jon Swanson, the superpreacher. Go, go, go, go, go. Thank you!
- Grasshoppers at PodCamp- Rob, Megin, Kevin, Laura, Courtney, Dale, (I’m missing someone), Justin, new ones. So many quick moments of personal inspiration.
- Jeff ‘remembers everything’ Persch– “Look, there’s Patrick Norton!”
- Jeff ‘blow off 10,000 attendees for us’ Pulver (too much to say here)
- Justin Kownacki– This has been amazing. I need a tissue.
- Drew ‘you’re the Mayor’ Olanoff- He’s on fiiii-yaaaaa!!!!
- Ayelet Yagil– we might as well just hang with a famous Israeli rockstar. Why not?
- Brian ‘let’s invite the bums’ Conley- Hardest working radical activist at VON.
- Andrew ‘Can I give you a little advice’ Baron– You are so generous. Happy Birthday, Steve!
- Steve ‘People like me. They really really like me’ Garfield We talked so this is just the obligatory plug. : )
- Mike Hudack of Blip.tv, and Dina too. Just astounding. Converted me, at least.
- Sooz showed up at the club for a quick visit and hug. I was so happy for that moment.
- Christopher S. Penn, my partner with PodCamp. I learn more about you and appreciate our partnership every day.
So, there are actually a million players to this. I can’t name you all and hyperlink you all, at least not in one post at 12:28 (woke up because of the kid, but I went to bed at 7PM tonight for the first time in 2006). If I’ve been emailing you back or chatting or answering phone calls with you, thank you. You’re part of this experience too.
Thank you to EVERYONE that I’ve met and spent time with. I’ve felt such an affinity for everyone (well, most everyone) right now, and I’m riding high on that. Much love, as they say.