Seven years ago, I wrote a post entitled 100 blog topics I hope you write. A lot of them still hold up rather well. But I thought it might be fun to give you a NEW list of 100 blog topics to make your own. So if you’re looking for blog ideas, or just a whole new list of things to blog about, I’m hopeful this helps your writing.
Please feel free to share this list, but please link back to this page to do so. Thanks!
Oh, and edit these to fit your specific business. They’ll work.
100 Blog Topics
The first 20 are for helping you differentiate and build business
- How What I Do Helps You Grow Your Business
- Get More From Your (Whatever Product/Service You Offer)
- How We Start an Engagement With You (onramping process)
- Build Your Own (Business or Project) With Our Help
- Meet Our Customer of the Week(Month)
- Learn How to ____ With ___ (customer you love)
- Stretch Your Budget By (something to do with your product)
- Industry Insights That Could Impact Your Business
- Need to Reach Us? Here are Many Great Ways to Connect
- Set Aside 20 Minutes Each Day to Do This
- What We Do Instead of Advertising
- How Can We Help You Do More Business
- Why We Don’t Worry About Competitors
- Others Compete on Price. We Compete on Value
- The People Who Work Here
- We Asked Everyone in the Office for Their Philosophy on Success
- Another Perspective on Your Current Situation
- Comparison Shopping is Difficult. Let Us Help
- Why You Won’t Find ____ At (Our Business)
- Does ____ Matter to You?
I call this next set the “you probably won’t dare to use these at your company” set.
- When It All Goes Wrong
- Confessions From Past Mistakes
- How We Deal With Trouble Reports
- We Can Handle Criticism, Especially If You Help Us Grow
- Where Do You See Us Falling Short?
- We Asked Everyone in the Office for One Personal Failing of Theirs
- Here’s What Would Make Us Fire You as a Customer
- We’re Sorry And Here’s How We’ll Make It Up To You
- Forgetting Something? We Sure Did
- Listening Better And How It Will Strengthen Our Relationship
Here are some fun ones!
- What We Do When We’re Not Hard at Work
- Stop and Smell the Guns N Roses – Our Playlists
- Collaborate With Us on a Selfie Project!
- And You Thought You Knew Everything About Us
- Listen to our (CEO, whoever) Belting Out (some popular song, poorly).
- Easter Eggs We’ve Hidden in Our Website SO FAR
- This Has Nothing To Do With Our Business, But It’s Cool (do this sparingly, though)
- Is There More Going on Here Than Immediately Obvious?
- Sparta! Our Favorite Movies and How They Relate to (Our Business)
- I See What You Did There
It’s always someone’s first time on your site
- Start Here
- The Big Picture About (company/site/project)
- Whatever You Do, Be Sure to Do This FIRST
- The Essential 101 Guide to ____ (whatever you do)
- Making Your (something about your business) Into a Habit
- When Should You Revisit Your (strategy/purchase/something to explain timing)
- Get the Most Out of Your (product/service/experience)
- Have You Visited Our Other Properties? (Facebook, YouTube, etc)
- Meet the Founders
- If Only I Knew This When I Started
Some Thought Pieces
- How Mobile Technology Impacts (your business or product or their space)
- When Budget Limitations Strike, Do This to Improve Your Chances of Success
- If We Started This Business Ten Years Earlier (or 10 years later)
- The Global Opportunity for (whatever you do)
- A Completely Different Take on (whatever you do) Using Low Tech Methods (tools, etc)
- What (your business) Would Look Like in the Real World (or online, if you’re in the real world)
- The One Big Guiding Principle That Explains Our Path of Action
- Are You Ready For (some impending technology shift)
- Does Anyone Really Use a Laptop Anymore? (or any tech you want to poke at)
- How Will the Population Growth of Baby Boomers Affect (your business)?
Getting personal can have a big impact
- What You Don’t Know About Me – Yet
- Where I’m From: An Interview With Our Staff About Their Origins
- What Your Kids Can Teach You About (your business)
- Our Favorite Foods and What It Tells You About (your business)
- A Brand Is What They Say About You – Here’s How That Applies to Us
- If (your business) Were a High School Yearbook
- Client/Customer Stories That Make Us Love Our Job
- If I Didn’t Work Here/ Didn’t Do What I Was Doing
- The Biggest Challenge I’ve Yet to Accomplish
- What the Benefit of OUR Hindsight Can Teach You
Participatory posts can be pure gold
- Ask Us Anything
- Caught in the Wild – Show Us Your Office Environment
- We Asked Our Customers to Draw Us a Picture And Here’s What We Got
- Ten Of Our Customers’ Logos Redesigned by Our Kids
- If You Ran (our business), What Would You Do Differently?
- Come Work Here for a Week and Change Our Business From Within
- Twenty Photos We Liked from Your Instagram Streams
- Shared Wisdom from Our Weekly Tweet Chat
- We Pretended We Were 7 Other Blogs. What Happened Next Will Change You.
- Your Best Questions Answered Loudly
Give people recipes and they’ll see how to use your services
- How to Start a (business you could start with your product/service)
- If You Run a (business like you serve), Here’s How We Fit In
- Six Ways You Can Use Your (product/service) to Make Money (save time, etc)
- Use This (other company’s thing) To Really Up Your Game
- Bring a Friend to (your site) and Here’s How You BOTH Benefit
- Do This Before The Next Conference You Attend
- Want to Turn Other People’s Business Cards Into Actual Business?
- You Know What You Want and We Know How to Help You Get It
- A (some customer segment)’s Guide to (Using Your Product/service)
- Beyond Day One – Get The Most From Your (thing you sell)
And a little potpourri for you
- Sure We’ve Said This Before. Repeats are Good for You
- A New Look At Our First Offering (to refresh your products)
- Our Take on Big Data (or some other random concept)
- What a (something odd) Can Teach You About (the field you work in)
- You’re Doing It Wrong
- (X) Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started
- Are You Doomed to Fail Just Like (insert dead company)
- The Biggest Mistake (people like them) Make
- How to Recover From a (whatever goes wrong in your field)
- Finish Strong – What We Know About Helping You Close Sales
Blogging’s Great, But It’s Part of a Larger Digital Business Platform
I want you to peek at Digital Business Mastery and see if you think this might help you get even further along in your business goals online. If you want more about blogging specifically, there’s also Blogging:The Master Class, a course that’s drive lots of business value for people like you.
Glad you’re here! Enjoy!
Chris Brogan is the world’s leading authority on owning the game you most want to win. He is CEO of Owner Media Group, a sought after public speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of eight books and counting. Learn more about him at chrisbrogan.com
Want to Download This as a PDF?
Sure! Take it with you!
100 Blog Topics Chris Brogan PDF