You’re here because you’re smart, and you want a new set of eyes on a challenge. Maybe you’re at one of those points where your business is doing “okay” but you want growth. Or perhaps you’re wondering whether or not to choose a new direction and want an advanced scout on the road ahead. It’s always good to get a bit of clarity around your business and make adjustments from there.
I’m Chris Brogan, a business advisor, author, and speaker. I’ve worked or spoken with the biggest companies in the world, from Google to Microsoft to Pepsi to Coldwell Banker and many more. I’ve worked in a number of industries, from textiles manufacturers to the auto industry to consumer goods, energy, health car, pharma, finance and law. Rest assured that I’m no expert in any specific industry. That’s not what you want from me, anyway. I can help.
A Different Style of Consulting/Advising
I much prefer the term “business advisor” because I like to assess everything with you, figure out what’s working and what’s not, and give you a clear path forward. Most of my engagements with companies range from one call to one month to three at the most. I’m not your long term guy. I’m the one who gets everyone nodding and taking actions. (Sure, I’m willing to stick with you longer as I love partnerships more than “clients,” but I’m not looking to drain the corporate wallet. I want you to win.)
If you boiled down what I offer to people like you with regards to consulting, it’s pretty straightforward:
- Broad View – I’ve had lots of experiences with many companies and industries and business owners, as well as interacted with thousands of thought leaders in different spaces. I can bring a lot of different perspectives to bear on what I advise you about the opportunity we discuss.
- Simplifier and Communicator – As an author and speaker, I’ve honed my ability to take really complex ideas and break them down into small words and concepts. I believe too many people try to puff things up because they’re worried you won’t think their ideas are worth it. I’m the opposite. Small words lead to big wins.
- Provocateur – You’re not paying me to be a yes man. You want me to say, “Hey Emperor: you’re naked!” I’m not a jerk, but I’m also going to help you save time and effort and misery by telling you if you’re about to drive off a cliff with an idea. I’ve never much liked the term “consultant” because the ones I’ve met tend to say yes and then figure out how to bill a lot of hours. I’d rather give you the best path to what you want, help you figure out what you need, and then get out.
Our Approach Together
Method wise, let’s break everything into three areas:
- What’s Your Game – what’s your current landscape and strategy
- Your One Number – what are your business levers and which can we pick for results
- Your Message and Voice – how does your branding, marketing, sales, and customer service currently serve your prospective and current customers?
I’m flexible. We can work however it’s going to work best for you. Some of my partners want to set up some accountability for themselves and stay in a kind of coaching mode. Others want some diagnostics, some advice, and let’s call it good. I’m here to work with you. Believe me, if it’s not a method I can work with, you and I won’t pick it.
My Directer of Owner Services, Ron Hood, helps me keep track of calls and interactions with partners like you. If you want to schedule a quick discovery call, just fill out this super fast form (click Executive Mentoring with Chris), and we’ll get right back to you:
From there, you and I will get on the phone or Skype or whatever and have a chat. I’m looking forward to helping you move forward.